AQP Lower Back & Neck Pain Service
The aim of this service was to provide a comprehensive, easily accessible patient-centred lower back and neck pain service in the community, which delivered both high quality treatment and efficient service using local, well established therapists.
The service succeeded in:
- Reducing waiting times and delivering treatment to enable patients to reach their individual treatment goals sooner, leading to an improved quality of life, an ability to return to work and more manageable/reduced pain.
- Delivering effective treatments that reduced the demand for hospital attendance and surgical interventions.
- Providing patient education about back pain in general, promoting an active healthy lifestyle, reducing recurrence of injuries or illness and ensuring maximum potential for recovery.
- Giving patients a choice of treatment provider.
- Providing improved access to services closer to a patient’s home.
This contract is no longer available with Herefordshire CCG.